Tuesday, February 26, 2013

List it Tuesday: What's Working for You?

Post oleh : Web3 | Rilis : 12:42 PM | Series :
Today I'm joining Aimee of Artsyville for List it Tuesday. Feel free to join us by linking your post to hers, and let me know here!
This list is all about "the things you're doing that are really working for you". I was thinking about what's made me feel better, calmer, happier, anything that feels a change in the "right direction"at least for me and these five things came to mind: 

  FOOD:   As much as I don't want to be too fixated on what I'm eating or not eating, food has definitely been a big focus these past months. I realize food choices and preferences  are different for everyone for different reasons, but what's working for me has been tocut out meat and dairy products, going vegetarian and taking steps to veganism. It's felt important not only for health, energy, and environmental reasons, but also becoming more aware of the horrific animal cruelty of the meat industry, and I just can't ignore it. I've also added lots more raw fruits and veggies, along with cooked food, which makes me laugh because I think about what I was eating a few years ago, (hello microwaved TV dinners and diet coke) and I can't help but think, "who am I?", ha.
 

Maybe in a future post I'll go more into detail, sharing with you the books, blogs, and vlogs I follow that have been helpful, for recipes and in general!

  WALKING:   Oh exercise, how lazy I've been....walking... at least 3-4 days a week has definitely worth it.
 
  LESS TV:   This started with reducing my bills, so cable was out, but I'm feeling the benefits. I'll just go out of my way to rent a movie or series on netflix when I want to – hello Game of Thrones... I patiently await your return.

  MEDITATION:   I try to do this daily, but haven't. Sometimes I can quiet my mind, other times lots of random thoughts creep in, "Ooh I need to buy bananas", "Ooh I need to call my accountant", "Squirrel!"... but I'll keep it up, because when I do it feels awesome. This reminds me, my friend Hildy gave me this zine, There is No Right Way to Meditate.

  DECLUTTERING:   I've had the urge to get rid of the stuff I haven't used or looked at for a long time! Goodbye old jeans I've kept around for when I loose weight. Bags and bags of stuff, where did it even fit? It's great to clear space.

I'm curious, are you doing any of these things, or maybe something different? I would love to know what you're doing that works for you, making your life easier, better, and just more awesome and enjoyable!

google+

linkedin

Powered by Blogger.