Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspired to take a Pilgrimage

Post oleh : Web3 | Rilis : 7:10 AM | Series :
Ohhh dreamy photography that takes me far away into a fantasy dreamscape, how I love thee, mucho. And therefore I've made this post a 2-in-1 photography feature.

Kirsten Mitchell photography Wonderland SeriesKirsten Mitchell Wonderland series photographyPhotographer Kirsten Mitchell Wonderland Series
This past Saturday morning while quickly (not so quickly) browsing the internet, I stumbled head first onto the work of two photographers and had to share with you. Both are beautiful inspiration. I love the fantastical and dreamlike mood their work evokes.
The photos make me want to go away for a few days and take a mini vacay or mini pilgrimage... hmm I think it's time I did, (but maybe just a quick stop at the Harry Potter theme park first).

The photos above are by Kirsty Mitchell. I think I've been living under a rock because I'd never seen her work before. Everything you see in her photos was created by hand, not photoshop and the story behind this series is vivid: coping with grief after the death of her mother and finding comfort & beauty in so much.

You can see more of the Wonderland series here and visit her full site here. (Discovered her via this blog which I stumbled on via this blog).


But wait! There is another photographer I had to share...

As you know, I'm a sucker for colorful and artistic scenescape nature photography. Well, I found Carolyn Cochrane while quickly browsing Etsy also this past Saturday morning and her work instantly caught my attention. There's something serene, minimal and moving about these photos that I love.You can find more of Carolyn's work here at her Etsy shop!Let me know your thoughts as always and enjoy!*No money, kittens, items or incentives were received for this post. But if anyone wants to send over chocolate, that's cool. (All images in this post are owned by the respective artist/creators).

google+

linkedin

Powered by Blogger.