Monday, April 18, 2011

PAINTING PLANTERS – MY TURQUOISE POT

Post oleh : Web3 | Rilis : 10:11 AM | Series :
I love plants in the home, indoor and outdoor. They look great and are just good for a room. Of course I don't want an indoor jungle, but a few are nice.

Since space is limited in our one bedroom apartment I have a few key plants and succulents inside (love those) and started a mini garden in the balcony! (I'll share that soon because what do you know? I may not have a black thumb after all.)

A few of the succulents I've purchased come in standard colored terracotta pots. Don't get me wrong, I love this color and its earthiness but it doesn't really go with what I have going on inside (lots of white frames, grey walls, hints of yellow, turquoise) so I painted them this color.

Paper Squid blog painting potted plantsI found this outdoor paint at Michael's. The color is Blue Bahama and I found it in the section of the store where they sell planting pots, not with the art paints. It also comes in other colors.

Then I painted it and that's it! It dries pretty quick and doesn't scrape off so easily as maybe a regular acrylic paint would.

pot before paintedBEFOREsucculent plant pot after being painted
AFTER
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

google+

linkedin

Powered by Blogger.